Phone: (708) 456-8000
Open: Mon - Fri 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM

Leyden Township

2501 N. Mannheim Road
Franklin Park, Illinois 60131
(847) 455-8616
  Go back

The organization of the township occurred April 2, 1850, at the house of Richard Fuller. Of the meeting held that day, Ezra Alger was chosen Moderator, and William Emmerson, Clerk. The election held that day resulted in the choice of the following officers: Supervisor, M. L. Dunlap; Clerk, Richard W. Everett; Assessor, William Emmerson; Collector, Samuel Hammel; Overseer of the Poor, Richard W. Everett; Commissioners of Highways, Thomas Croghan, Ezra Alger and John G. Frye; Justices of the Peace, James M. Pennoyer and William Dunlap; Constables, Samuel Hummel and Edward B. Stanley. The organization of the town was effected under the name of Monroe, but afterward, as there was another town of that name, the name Leyden was selected.